"Fun conversations with Tobias"




 
Tobias is eager to talk, a strong desire to chat evident in him. Can you imagine having thoughts and feelings, yet struggling to make others truly understand you?

Since I've dedicated myself to being there for Tobias, I have an abundance of time to listen. I keep asking him over and over until I can figure out what he's trying to say. It's just too bad that most folks don't have that kind of time, patience, or know-how to handle these situations. 


Honestly, it's tougher on me than on Tobias, I think. Sometimes in those awkward moments, my ego pops up, and I'm like, "Does he think Tobias is dumb or what?" I guess it's just human nature to have those thoughts, you know?


I gotta share some awesome moments with Tobias! The other day, Tyler was a total champ and took care of him and I got a break. He brought Tobias downstairs and into the kitchen. Tyler left for a bit, and guess what? Tobias, being the clever dude he is, managed to move his wheelchair further to open up the fridge all by himself. It was a moment of independence that made our day and, no doubt, Tobias' too. We're still practicing those independent rides with the wheelchair, but he's doing great! Slow movements but he moves. 😄


Then there was this one time I looked into Tobias' eyes and told him how much I couldn't wait to talk about nature, money, and awesome hikes with him again. And you know what he replied? "And stocks." Can you believe it? We've had loads of conversations about good stocks, giving each other recommendations, and guess what? Our tips actually worked out pretty darn well! It's like our little bonding thing, something that connects us.




One evening, I was feeling pretty tired and maybe a bit down. But Tobias, being the sweetheart he is, noticed and said, "Mom, I really love you." That just warmed my heart, you know? I told him, "Thanks, Tobias, I love you too." But then, a few minutes later, he surprised me again by saying, "Mom, God and Jesus love you too." And I gotta admit, it didn't instantly take away my sadness, but it made me realize what truly matters in life. In that moment, I felt the love from above, and it reminded me to appreciate all the blessings in life, even when things get tough. 
🥰

 

So, today I was talking to Tobias, and I said, "Hey, Tobias, your life kinda sucks right now. Can you yell it out loud?" And you know what? He burst into laughter, thinking it was hilarious. He replied, "Yeah, my life might suck, but thanks for making it funny!" 

😄What an exceptional soul he possesses, displaying such remarkable resilience. I've come to recognize the increasing significance of self-care in my life, now more than ever. The same holds true for Tyler. Keeping up with our self-care routines can be quite challenging. I can't help but ponder what steps are necessary to enhance our attitudes towards our own well-being.

Alright, it's time for me to prepare some dinner. I just want to wish all of you a fantastic rest of the week. And, as always, we truly appreciate all the prayers, hopes, and faith you have in Tobias' journey towards independence and speech.


Take good care of yourselves, okay? Remember, you are the most important person in your life. If you're not well, your surroundings won't be either. So, stay healthy, happy, and keep spreading the love! 🌟

Katja and family

Tyler, Emily, Chris, Eloise, Baby Boy X, Tobias and Sebastian






Comments

  1. Loved this update. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and laughing together 😍 💛💛

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. We appreciate and enjoy your well wish and the thoughts you are sharing with us. Love, The Dunn's

Popular posts from this blog

December 31st 2021 A post from mother - rounding up the year

Im Heute im Jetzt - unser tägliches Leben :)

" A Journey of emotional changes while healing a brain"